Thursday, February 4, 2010

Filbert Steps

This past weekend I took a walk up what's called the Filbert Steps to the top of Telegraph Hill. 

I started near Levi's Plaza and headed up and up and up these stairs.  I've walked this path before.  The first time, I was not prepared for how many steps there are.  I was a bit exhausted afterward!  This time, I took things slowly, and stopped to take many photos of the plants and tiny residences along the way.  It's really a spectacular view of San Francisco and the Bay from up there and good exercise, too!

 

Starting at the bottom near Sansome Street.




Interesting little houses along the way.




Lots of plants to see.




Almost like a secret garden up here.




Transamerica Pyramid in the distance.




Almost there.




  



Final flight of stairs up to Coit Tower.

2 comments:

  1. Long trip to the Hill! But I guess you would not be tired of walk for a while because you can enjoy the sceneries all the time. I can feel your excitement through your trip! I've seen such sceneries which have garded behind the house, flower pot on the window frame on TV. I like their way to enjoy their everyday life with the plants. I want to try someday!
    By the way, how long did you take to get to the top of the hill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how long it took. Maybe an hour? I stopped and took many pictures so it took a while. If I didn't take photos, it would only take about 15 minutes to walk the entire way up the hill.

    ReplyDelete