Sunday, February 14, 2010

Expressions of Love


Today is Valentine's Day.  I guess some people are somewhat jaded by the overt commercialization of holidays, like Valentine's Day, Easter and especially Christmas.   Billions of dollars are spent on goods that are tied to these holidays.  Let's look at a few:

 

It seems that Valentine's Day is the second busiest day for card makers, second only to Christmas.



Beautiful flowers, but they are somewhat expensive.



All kinds of different candies, like these chocolate roses.




 
Difficulty telling that special someone how you really feel?
Let a stuffed animal say it for you.


I don't mean to sound so down and negative about Valentine's Day. 
After all, I think that there are some wonderful images that can be associated with love, too.





  


  





1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see many pretty things in many places, wans't it? I like them so much! I exchanged our home made chocolates with my friends and colleagues^^ It's just a happy day because this special day can bring us such sweets. You know, girls really like sweets! (Of course we can't eat a lot at the same time...)

    ReplyDelete